Calling all music lovers! Whenever you're doodling, who and/or what do you like to listen to as you're working away on a particular project?

By Bleu Hope

• OKAT artist
    OKAT (@okat) Plus Member
    06/10/2020 @ 6:06pm

Great question @bleuhope ! MY TOP THREE (while doodling in my sketchbook): Band: Motorama / Album: Alps Band: Interpol / Album: Our Love to Admire Band: Radiohead / Album: In Rainbows

• Billie Devlin artist
    Billie Devlin (@BillieXLove) Plus Member
    06/11/2020 @ 3:31pm

I love to listen to 70s, 80s, and 90s music while I doodle. But I like to listen to 2010s music when I'm coloring so that I get more energized. Earth, Wind, & Fire and Micheal Jackson are my top favorites.

• Ben Adams artist
    Ben Adams (@Badams)
    06/12/2020 @ 12:15pm

Massive Billie Eilish fan so usually just put on a playlist tbh :)

• Hugo Seijas artist
    Hugo Seijas (@hugo) Plus Member
    06/12/2020 @ 12:34pm

Definitely 80 and 90s.

• Detenis artist
    Detenis (@Detenisidog)
    06/12/2020 @ 11:59pm

I'm 13 so FnaF music, Shawn Wasabi, Nirvana, Billie Eillish, and Melanie Martinez

• Winston Baker artist
    Winston Baker (@MutoSashimi)
    06/14/2020 @ 9:14pm

Dubstep and Deathstep are my go to personally, particularly KROWW.

• Ilga Jansons artist
    Ilga Jansons (@Ilga) Plus Member
    06/21/2020 @ 2:05am

For years, my "go-to" music choice for drawing has been Beethoven's Cell and Piano music played Rostropovich and Richter on cello and piano respectively. During the Covid-19 "shelter in place" time, I have been tuning in to the daily streaming from the Metropolitan Opera in New York.

• B Wolf artist
    B Wolf (@SedonaEquineArt)
    06/21/2020 @ 11:10pm

I usually listens to whatever I like at the moment. That can range from old school country, to pop, and even musicals. Whatever I’m liking at the moment really.

• Uriah artist
    Uriah (@ShaperOfThings)
    06/22/2020 @ 10:24am

Almost exclusively Sonic Youth, further more all Kim Gordon lead Vocal tracks

• Melissa Scheu artist
    Melissa Scheu (@inkpaperstring) Plus Member
    06/24/2020 @ 6:03pm

I usually listen to podcasts! 'Stuff You Should Know' is a great one. I get a lot of ideas for stuff to draw while I'm listening to podcasts. For music, the playlist I'm currently listening to obsessively includes stuff from The Dandy Warhols, The Breeders, Love and Rockets, Bad Brains, and Carpenter Brut.

• Abigail Rater artist
    Abigail Rater (@AbbyRthebrightartist)
    06/29/2020 @ 10:48pm

I like to listen to all of the sounds outside while I draw. I like to bring my sketchbook onto my back deck where I can hear the birds chirping and my younger siblings playing.

• ROBIN artist
    ROBIN (@Uniquerobin27)
    07/25/2020 @ 3:26am

Well while doing art at start of sketching I start by listening Melodious songs Hindi Melody Songs. then as i reach coloring session. I switch to Party Songs. It includes English, Hindi & Punjabi mostly. And at last while detailing session I listen to Alan Walker songs. It melts my brains. So calm!!!

• Dietrich Adonis artist
    Dietrich Adonis (@ArtNinja2000) Plus Member
    07/25/2020 @ 7:40pm

Being a part-time musician, all kinds of music appeals to me. But in the studio Chillout music, Slow Jams, Smooth Jazz, Bossa Nova and Classical, mostly instrumental, music with lyrics can be distracting.

• Maia Palomar artist
    Maia Palomar (@mapalomar) Plus Member
    08/22/2020 @ 5:24pm

I'm a huge 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s fan. Elton John is my personal favorite, but the Beatles, Eric Clapton, Queen, and the Eagles are just a few others that I play a lot.

• Kelly Ann Scheffer artist
    Kelly Ann Scheffer (@KellyAnn)
    08/23/2020 @ 10:10am

Jeff Buckley inspired a couple of my pieces. I seem to get more creative when I listen to him. Same for really old music, like old blues, bluegrass and gospel played on scratchy records.

• lotus artist
    lotus (@LotusEater)
    08/24/2020 @ 2:33am

I like to listen to jazz or Classical music usually Bach or argentinian composers

• Trisha Sherikar artist
    Trisha Sherikar (@artsypants)
    09/11/2020 @ 12:26am

I usually put on a k-pop playlist containing songs of my favorite bands: EXO, BTS, Blackpink, Twice, SuperM, GOT7, and Red Velvet. Sometimes I feel like listening to English songs. This playlist contains songs by Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez etc.