I would love to hear from the DA community regarding their thoughts on the rising trend of NFT Art. Is this something that you'd be interested in having in some capacity as part of the platform? Or is it too new and abstract of a concept still?

By OKAT

• Stan Ragets artist
    Stan Ragets (@who8mypnuts)
    02/06/2022 @ 10:48pm

I've sold numerous NFTs since 2018. It's something that I would be interested in considering for the platform (although I'm entirely new here!) from both a buyer's and seller's perspective. It would be necessary to utilize something fairly easy for most users (think ETH) but not as expensive to mint (Polygon / Fantom).

• Caroline Renee artist
    Caroline Renee (@CarolineRenee) Plus Member
    02/08/2022 @ 2:20pm

I’d be interested in that. I am a little confused about how the software of backing up the token works. . But I’d like it!

• Suzette artist
    Suzette (@Rayedrgn) Plus Member
    02/10/2022 @ 3:38am

There is a lot of controversy surrounding NFT's and wither or not they should be considered a scam. I vote no on adding a platform to Doodle Addicts. However, I do think creating a platform where artists could trade Artist trading cards with each other would be really cool.

• Kitty artist
    Kitty (@TheKittyLovers)
    02/23/2022 @ 2:24pm

I don't really understand NFT's. There has been a lot of discussion on it but I think if people want to do it then it should be allowed on Doodle Addicts.

• WaterproofFade-Proof artist
    WaterproofFade-Proof (@FlawedMenagerie) Plus Member
    02/24/2022 @ 8:34pm

I think its too early to do anything with NFTs. While I'm sure there have been some instances where artists can benefit from them they have to be set up in a specific way to ensure continued benefits to the artist in future sales. In addition to that many platforms that mint NFTs are absolutely rife with art theft and low effort randomly generated doll art. The technology is currently prohibitively taxing on the environment and cryptocurrency is such a speculative market it's something prone to scam-like behaviour that treats art less like art and more like symbols of status or rare collectable cards that have a risk of becoming worthless. I'm more likely to purchase a commission or art print, or art book of digital art than an NFT and I don't see that likely to change any time soon.

• David Wilson artist
    David Wilson (@David50Wilson)
    03/15/2022 @ 3:54am

I don't clearly understand this NFT stuff, but so far, it seems much too artificial and complex and removed from our original world that includes dna.

• jess a.m. artist
    jess a.m. (@my2k)
    03/17/2022 @ 8:22pm

I did a lot of research into the topic and it's an unavoidable reality that NFTs are unfortunately a pyramid scheme, the usage of crypto currency is suspicious and unreliable at best, but NFTs themselves are sold to us artists as a fun "trading card" like exchange of buying art but that isn't true. It's frustrating seeing artists lied to, so they pay money to buy into the scheme, not unlike buying a bunch of tupperware or drink mixes or makeup or something, thinking they'll be easily sold... only for them to be worthless and their money gone. Sure, the person who just sold them the tupperware might've gotten some money but what about everyone else? That's how a scam works. Every day, more and more scams using NFTs as a lure steal money from not just artists but those who purchase them, and I can't ignore the very apparent and obvious associations the entire biz of NFTs seem to have with some very shady political/ideological groups. That in itself is frightening. Dan Olson, a journalist, put a very long but very in-depth explanation of what NFTs are and how they're dangerous to get involved with, and I challenge anyone to make it through that documentary without coming away with a very bad taste in your mouth regarding it. to sum it up... I'd say to stay far away from them. They're no good, and as of now, it's only looking more and more grim.

• Jane Ayers artist
    Jane Ayers (@janeayers)
    04/06/2022 @ 11:04am

Well, I'm here to share paintings and drawings. Isn't this site about *art*? NFTs are *currency*, only tangentially related to *art*. Hardly anyone understands bitcoin, NFTs or cryptocurrency; it's very complex and changing daily. To me having this site involved with NFTs would be like trying to involve everyone who owns a pickaxe with rushing out to the latest gold mine.

• Joer_B artist
    Joer_B (@JoerB) Plus Member
    04/08/2022 @ 5:04pm

Tough question. I’ve gotten as far as opening accounts at several NFT marketplaces, but the more research I do into NFTs and cryptocurrency in general, the more it gives me pause. There is also the environmental impact of crypto mining to consider. At the end of the day, you should buy art (like NFTs) because you like it, not because it may or may not be a good future investment. And remember - you are basically buying a JPEG that anyone can download off the internet. I don’t necessarily find it that important that the transaction is recorded on the blockchain certifying my ownership of a bunch of 1s and 0s. For me personally, I would rather buy something tangible that I like and can hang on my wall and appreciate.

• Suzette artist
    Suzette (@Rayedrgn) Plus Member
    04/28/2022 @ 9:13pm

• Paul Mennea artist
    Paul Mennea (@BiroNiro)
    05/10/2022 @ 1:55am

I am Not interested to a NFT section here, I agree with other members who wrote "I REALLY want something where we can some how trade art cards with each other or send a sketchbook around among other artists that you have met to be signed and returned. I think that would be fun. "

• Ettienne Short artist
    Ettienne Short (@TwoSocks)
    05/14/2022 @ 2:35pm

I'd say no. A strong no. The scamming that goes on in that world is insane.

• Evan Winston artist
    Evan Winston (@Irrelevantevan)
    05/20/2022 @ 1:02pm

Absolutely not.

• Jan MB artist
    Jan MB (@JanB)
    05/24/2022 @ 2:05pm

No. The condensed version of my response: NFTs are “much ado about nothing”.

• Riko artist
    Riko (@Riko)
    06/27/2022 @ 5:11pm

I don't want to be anywhere that has a hand in NFTs, many ,many places that go after NFTS usually results in intense backlash and drama; while I'm sure there are those that have profited off of them and done well with, i don't feel comfortable with the concept of them.

• Kurtis D Edwards artist
    Kurtis D Edwards (@artbykurtedwards) Plus Member
    07/05/2022 @ 11:54am

New to DA. I say no, and also channel @Rayedrgn. I hope to find/build community.

• Madison McCready artist
    Madison McCready (@Madiiii)
    07/06/2022 @ 4:00pm

Well I like to have an open mind when thinking about art but I’m sorry, NFT art just isn’t it… I would love to get some different art styles in the platform though.